In 2014, Greater Grace Church was born from a desire to spread the love and ministry of Jesus Christ. Our ministry was built on five core values: Prayer, Praise, Proclamation, Participation, and Partnership. As our ministry continues to grow and expand, our goal has evolved to address the needs of our church family, our community, and the society as a whole.
Through communion with the Holy Spirit, Pastor Griffin was given six key principles that now serve as the foundation of the Greater Grace Church ministry. In everything we as a church family do, we will strive to: Evangelize the Sinner, Equip the Saint, Exalt the Savior, Empower the Servant, Elevate the Society, and Expand the Service.
Our purpose is to give visible form to the faith and fellowship to which God has called His people. We acknowledge ourselves to be a local manifestation of the universal church through which Jesus Christ continues to minister to the world by his Holy Spirit. We seek to fulfill this calling through corporate worship services, through a program of Christian nurture by which our members may be built up in their faith and love, through proclamation of the Gospel by word and deed, and ministering through missions to human need in the name of Christ.
The mission of Greater Grace Church is to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. It is our mission to Evangelize the Sinner, Educate and Edify the Saint, and Exalt the Savior.
Greater Grace Church is to be a Christ-centered and Bible believing congregation that is committed to advancing the kingdom through authentic worship, powerful prayer, and biblical preaching. Greater Grace shall be a multi-cultural, multi-generational and family-oriented congregation that offers a vibrant and life-changing worship experience, extensive community outreach, and excellence in management and operations.
statement of faith
Greater Grace Church is a Bible preaching, teaching, believing church designed to evangelize to the lost and equip the saints of God for the perfecting of the ministry. We believe that God is a Spirit and we must worship him in Spirit and in Truth. Our foundation is the word of God and we believe it to be saved, read it to be wise, practice it to be holy, and memorize it to grow.
- The entire Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 as the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God and is a part of the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
- Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures. He died for the just as well as the unjust that He might bring us to God.
- Jesus Christ arose from the grave on the Third day according to the scriptures.
- Jesus is the only great High Priest and we need not the intercession of any man, but Christ ever lives to make intercession to the Father for us.
- Christ will come again in person, bodily and visibly to establish His kingdom here on earth.
- In order to be saved, the soul must be born again.
- The Church is the body of Christ and when an individual has been born again, he becomes a member of the Body of Christ, which is the Church.
- Our only Head is Jesus Christ.
- Our only Administrator is the Holy Spirit.
- Our only Message is the Word of God.
- Our only Mission is the Salvation of Souls.
Sometimes a story begins at its end. For the inaugural members of our ministry, that’s where Greater Grace Church had her start. Birthed from the ashes of a broken congregation, God led Pastor Griffin and approximately 75 members to unite and launch a new ministry—rooted in Prayer, Praise, and Proclamation. Unafraid to operate outside the box of what church is supposed to be, Greater Grace has time and time again redefined what it means to have church. From Grace Fest to Selfies with the Saints, there’s no church experience quite like The Grace Experience.
Under the leadership of Dr. Rodney C. Griffin, Jr., Greater Grace quickly leaped from the freshman lecture hall at Merrillville High School to The Place of Grace one year later. And it didn’t stop there. Since her inception, Greater Grace has experienced the very hand of God moving on her behalf. And with each passing year, we continue our mission to make a great impact in our community and to fulfill the Great Commission.
Grace for you
Through a desire to serve our community holistically, it is our mission to continue our efforts and partnerships with local agencies that support and elevate the society.
In addition, it is our hope to:
- Provide substantial scholarships to those pursuing higher learning,
- Sponsor college tours for young people who otherwise would not be able to visit various campuses
- Provide mentorship opportunities for those interested in gaining knowledge about trades and careers
- Assist interns with finding the right apprenticeship to help them gain meaningful and enriching experience